Every Friday I make a post containing links to interesting articles I have found throughout the week. If you already follow me on Twitter, then you will have probably seen most of the following links. Don’t forget to like the Kotowari Facebook page as well. Enjoy!
- A must read about Jenova Chen’s perseverance when developing Journey.
- Capcom confirmed that the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate servers will be split up by region. I saw it coming, but still a bummer to hunters who don’t live in the same region as their hunting mates…
- GameStops will be distributing Meloetta, a legendary Pokémon after March 4th. I’ll remind you guys again when this date gets a little closer.
- A Pokémon Center is opening in Nagoya. To commemorate the event, the location will be distributing a LVL 99 gold Magicarp. It knows Hydro Pump and Bounce — whaaaataaaaa?
- Mistwalker teases fans with new concept art.
- This is what Sunny looks like in Metal Gear Rising.
- XOJane post by a black cosplayer who was not warmly welcomed by the community.
- Kotaku wrote an exhaustive piece on the accomplishments of Atlus’s North American branch. Spoiler alert: no news on Persona 5.
- Next gen specs continue to make waves, especially rumors that the next Xbox will require a constant internet connection and that games will be tied to user accounts.
- Is Final Fantasy Versus 13 going next-gen and getting a title change?
- A promising hands-on with The Last of Us shows that the game maintains a tense survival atmosphere.
- Sony has ended relations with the studio that developed Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.
- All Final Fantasy titles are 50% off on the PSN to celebrate the series’ 25th anniversary! If you haven’t already bought all or most of these, now’s the time to stock up!
- All Bandi Namco DLC is 50% off, meaning the Dark Souls: Atorias of the Abyss add-on DLC is only $7.49!
- The vanilla version of Dark Souls has gone Greatest Hits, so it’s currently only about $20 USD!
The Young Turks weight in on the AKB48 scandal and make some good points.
A look at the epic music of Soul Sacrifice.
Watch a Hello Kitty doll get lifted into space via a balloon.