Every Friday I make a post containing links to interesting articles I have found throughout the week. If you already follow me on Twitter, then you will have probably seen most of the following links. Don’t forget to like the Kotowari Facebook page as well. Enjoy!
- In a development still shaking games journalism to its core, 1UP and GameSpy have been shut down by the company that acquired them less than 3 week ago. The last surviving acquisition, IGN, suffered layoffs and published this heartfelt post summing it all up.
- Before it’s gone, here’s a great article on 1Up exploring Kazuma Kaneko’s MegaTen character designs.
- The producer of Monster Hunter explains his decision to not allow Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate to be played on the Wii U’s Gamepad.
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is getting a patch that allows the Wii U to bring a 3DS online for multiplayer! Here’s hoping it’s headed west!
- I signed this petition to localize Braverly Default, and so should you!
- The man who popularized post-war Japanese cinema has died, but he led an amazing life.
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance merch is on sale on Uniqlo’s North American site. In my experience this stuff sells out fast so scoop it up while you can!
- This Ni no Kuni comic is spot on.
- NIS America has announced plans to localize Disgaea D2, Time and Eternity (AKA Toki Towa), and The Guided Fate Paradox – all in 2013.
- $10 off Ni no Kuni at GameStop. (Expires 2/26/13)
- Resident Evil 6, now only $19.99 at GameStop. (Expires 2/26/13)
- $20 off Dead Space 3 for PS3 and Xbox 360 at GameStop. (Expires 2/26/13)
- $20 off Far Cry 3 for PS3 and Xbox 360 at GameStop. (Expires 2/26/13)
New Monster Hunter 4 trailer shows off the two new weapons as well as the game’s zombification of felled monsters.
I really wish Shin Megami Tensei IV looked… a lot better. I guess 2D images of laughing gods just doesn’t do it for me.
Take a look at the new world of Final Fantasy XIV, on both the PS3 and PC. And just in case you’re interested, here’s the official benchmark for the game on PC.
This is what happens when a person tells a blindfolded person how to play Dark Souls.