You see that image up there? Notice a complete lack of a source link? (What do you mean I rarely include a source link!?) Err… as I was saying: I made that image. It’s of my newest Dark Souls character consuming a humanity. Humanity are these little pixies you keep in your pocket, and when you wish, you can whip them out and squish them into a soul-filled paste absorbing their… well, humanity. They’re a pretty important mechanic in the game, but I love the animation when you crush them in your palm, so I tried to make a sprite of it.
I’ve been trying to teach myself to sprite lately. I’ve always had an affinity for Microsoft Paint and the ever-evolving, costly world of Photoshop never appealed to me. So spriting seemed like the natural direction. It is time consuming. Every pixel has to be deliberate, and you really need to make the most of a small amount of space. But it’s a good feeling when I am able to make it all come together. So, I hope you guys don’t mind if I share my work here from time to time. On with the links!
- Falcom is talking about making new PS3 or Vita games in the future as well as possible Nippon Ichi Software collaboration
- Listen to me and some chums chum it up about Dark Souls
- Awesome Dark Souls fan art, mostly from Japan and mostly concerning Solaire of Astora. He’s kind of a big deal over there…
- THE LAND BEFORE TIME
- You can get a Vita before the official launch if you don’t mind Sony’s bundle they’ve slapped together
- Great interview loaded with info about Final Fantasy XIV
- Persona 4: Meat dimension
- Amazon no longer selling Playstation Network items :cry:
- Saturday Night Live aired a genius skit about fans of Japanese “culture”, here it is along with a succinct explanation on why it was so… perfect
A new My Fair Hunter is out! Sarah also made a wallpaper to go along with it!
Monster Hunter X Super Mario
Dark Souls speed run!
Japan made an animated parody of what it means to be Japanese outside of Japan
Competitive Catherine gameplay! Sign me up for the CLOCKTOWER