This week the PS2 Classic Odin Sphere is on sale on the PSN for $4.99, down from its regular price of $10.00. I believe this may be the first PS2 Classic to go on sale since they first appeared on the PSN — and what better game than Odin Sphere, with its timelessly beautiful sprites!
If you’ve never played Odin Sphere before here is a rundown of why it’s awesome:
- Aforementioned beautiful sprites and lush backgrounds
- Enjoyable and mouthwatering food/cooking system
- Wonderful soundtrack with orchestral arrangements and Celtic inspiration
- Disc-based slowdowns are gone on the PSN version (!!!)
- Multiple protagonists bring together one massive storyline with tons of hours of gameplay (think Game of Thrones but with a Japanese twist)
- Lots of Norse mythology makes you feel like a viking (this game pairs well with a flagon of mead)
This is an amazing price for one of the better PS2 Classics on the PSN — especially given the number of hours one can pour into Odin Sphere. I know I’ll be grabbing it later tonight, and I shall raise my flagon of mead to Atlus for this awesome deal!